Reigning American League MVP Aaron Judge made an impressive catch during a game at Dodger Stadium on June 3.
But capturing the highlight reel was costly for him.
He slammed into the right-field bullpen fence and fell to the ground while making the catch, tearing a ligament in his toe.
Judge was placed on the disabled list and remains out of the Yankees’ lineup. It’s unclear when he’ll return as the five-time All-Star.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Despite the impact the injury has had on Judge’s 2023 season, the Yankees star said he has no intention of taking any legal action.
«No, it’s not necessary,» Judge told the New York Daily News of a potential lawsuit.
YANKEES’ AARON JUDGE RECORDS THAT OFF-SEASON SURGERY IS UNDER CONSIDERATION TO REPAIR INJURED FINGER
There is a precedent for MLB players suing teams after being injured in ballparks. Former Yankee player Dustin Fowler has filed a lawsuit against the Chicago White Sox over an injury he suffered at their ballpark when he crashed into an electrical box while chasing a foul ball in 2017.
Fowler’s season ended as a result of the injury.
Judge continues to work his way back this season, having recently started playing ball. He’s also started making some light swings with a bat, but it’s still going to be a while before the slugger returns to the lineup.
«He doesn’t feel very good,» Judge told reporters Tuesday, more than a month after his injury. «I don’t think it ever feels normal. I can move pretty well, but any injury, [it can bother you for] a year or two or three years. You never know how you’re going to feel.»
Judge is in his second stint on the IL this season. He missed 11 games earlier this season with a hip strain.
Judge said it’s unclear how long it will take for him to feel «normal» again.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
But the 31-year-old made it clear he would not consider surgery during the season.
«There is talk of surgery, but I don’t think we are in that [point]Judge said. «We’re not going to do that this year.»