If we had to describe this week’s Netflix programming with an adjective, we’d call it «Prestigious.» That’s because one of Netflix’s biggest Oscar contenders is premiering this week, alongside the highly anticipated premiere of the final season of Netflix’s flagship scripted series. The crown.
As always, you can see all the new releases added to Netflix daily through our What’s New on Netflix hub.
For everything else coming to Netflix US for the rest of November 2023, stay tuned for our preview of the month, constantly updating with the latest title announcements. We’re also building the list for Netflix’s December 2023 release schedule.
Now, let’s dive into three highlights coming up this week:
Most anticipated new releases on Netflix this week
Downton Abbey: the movie (2019)
Coming to Netflix: Thursday
As usual in the middle of the month, we will receive a couple of films from Universal and its subsidiary, Focus Features.
This month, we’re getting a couple of great films from their 2019 slate, one of which will be the first feature-length companion to the British period drama series.
Now, unfortunately, you won’t be able to do a full test. Downton Abbey Binge on Netflix since the series came out last August. However, this is a great movie to watch even if you’ve never touched the Mothership series.
The crown (Season 6 – Part 1) Netflix Original
Coming to Netflix: Thursday
If you’re rolling your eyes at the thought of The crown Being a split season, I’m usually right there with you. That said, it seems like the split is absolutely justified given that we learned earlier in the week that the idea behind it was to allow Diana’s story and the Queen’s story to develop separately.
In case you are not familiar, The crown is one of Netflix’s most prestigious series that details the past decades through the lens of the Royal Family and specifically, Queen Elizabeth II.
Coming to Netflix: Friday
Netflix’s Oscar contenders are rising rapidly right now with Nyad and The Killer both released in recent weeks. Next on that list is Rustin, the new biopic starring Colman Domingo.
Director George C. Wolfe is behind the film that details the life of Bayard Rustin, the architect behind the historic 1963 March on Washington.
Along with Domingo, the film stars Chris Rock, Glynn Turman, Jeffrey Wright and Audra McDonald.
Complete list of what’s coming to Netflix this week
Note: This list primarily contains US Netflix releases; Other regions’ programming may vary.
Coming to Netflix on November 14
- Penal Code (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Dubai Bling (season 2) Netflix Original
- How to Become a Mob Boss (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Suburræterna (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Netflix Cup: Swing to Survive (LIVE) Netflix Original
What’s coming to Netflix on November 15
- Comments (season 1) Netflix Original
- First Wives Club (seasons 1-3)
- Matt Rife: Natural Selection (2023) Netflix Original
- Million Dollar Decorators (Season 1)
- Runaway/Fugueuse (Season 1)
Coming to Netflix on November 16
- A Good Girl Like You (2020)
- Better. Christmas. Ever! (2023) Netflix Original
- Downton Abbey: The Movie (2019)
- Harry (2019)
- In Love and Deep Waters (2023) Netflix Original
- The Sole Survivor (2013)
- Chucho (2023)
- Sukhee (2023)
- The Crown (Season 6 – Part 1) Netflix Original
- Third World Romance (2023)
Coming to Netflix on November 17
- All-Time High (2023) Netflix Original
- Believer 2 (2023) Netflix Original
- CoComelon Lane (season 1) Netflix Original
- Holy Family (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Nothing to See Here (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Rustin (2023) Netflix Original
- Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (Season 1) Netflix Original
- See you on Venus (2023)
- Stamped from the Beginning (2023) Netflix Original
- The Dads (2023) Netflix Original
- The Kings of Queenstown (2023) Netflix Original
What will you watch on Netflix this week? Let us know in the comments.