As part of a highly successful and lucrative deal with Netflix, 21 Laps Entertainment, the company behind hit shows like Strange things and shadow and bone is developing a limited series based on author Elin Hilderbrand The perfect couple novel starring Nicole Kidman and Liev Schreiber. Here’s what you need to know.
jenna lamia (good girls, alien resident) will serve as showrunner and executive producer of The perfect couple. the author of the book elin hilderbrand he is also on board the project as an executive producer.
Also executive producing is Shawn Levy of 21 Laps Entertainment (The Adam Project) and Josh Barry, as well as Gail Berman and Hend Baghdady for The Jackal Group (the Netflix series Wednesday Addams, Elvis).
In March 2023 it was announced that Susanne Bier, the Oscar® and Emmy® winning director behind aviary and the night managerwill direct and produce all six episodes.
Here’s Everything We Know About Netflix The perfect couple:
What is the plot of The perfect couple?
As mentioned above, Netflix The perfect couple will adapt the 2018 bestselling book of the same name by Elin Hilderbrand. Here’s the plot synopsis:
It’s Nantucket wedding season, aka summer: the sight of a bride running down Main Street is as common as the sunset on Madaket Beach. The Otis-Winbury wedding promises to be an event to remember: The groom’s wealthy parents have spared no expense in hosting a lavish ceremony at their beachfront estate.
But it’s going to be memorable for all the wrong reasons after tragedy strikes: A body is discovered in Nantucket Harbor just hours before the ceremony, and everyone in the wedding party suddenly becomes a suspect. As Police Chief Ed Kapenash interviews the bride, the groom, the groom’s famous mystery novelist, and even a member of his own family, he discovers that every wedding is a minefield and that no couple is perfect. .
Netflix has also provided an official synopsis for the new series:
“Amelia Sacks is about to marry into one of the wealthiest families on Nantucket. Her disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, famed novelist Greer Garrison Winbury, has spared no expense planning what promises to be the biggest wedding of the season–until a body washes up on the beach. As secrets come to light, she sets the stage for a real-life investigation that seems like it was taken from the pages of one of Greer’s novels. Suddenly everyone is a suspect.»
who is cast in The perfect couple?
In March 2023, Netflix officially unveiled the cast for the upcoming limited series.
Here’s the full current list of who will star in the new Netflix series:
- Nicole Kidman (A family affair, being the Recardos) will play Greer Garrison Winbury, the mother of the groom.
- liev schreiber (Ray Donovan, Asteroid City) will play Tag Winbury, the groom’s father.
- eva hewson (Flora and son, bad sisters) will play Amelia Sacks, the bride.
- billy howl (Under the Banner of Heaven, The Serpent) will play Benji Winbury, the groom.
- Dakota Fanning (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Equalizer 3) will play Abby Winbury, the sister-in-law.
- meghann fahy (The white lotus, the bold type) will play Merritt Monaco, the best friend of the bride.
- ishaan khattar (Beyond the clouds, a proper boy) will play Shooter Dival, the groom’s best friend.
- jack reynor (Midsommar, the peripheral) will play Thomas Winbury, the groom’s brother.
- sam nivola (Master, White Noise) will play Will Winbury, the groom’s brother.
- mia isaac (It’s not right, black cake) will play Chloe Carter, the daughter of the police chief.
- donna lynne champlin (Crazy ex-girlfriend, the first lady) will play Nikki Henry, the detective.
- isabel adjani She will once again play Isabel Nallet, the family friend.
What is the production status of The perfect couple?
Official production status: Pre-production (Last update: 01/16/2023)
from netflix The perfect couple is currently in pre-production and some filming dates have been announced.
Currently, it is confirmed that the filming will begin in early April 2023 and end in mid-June 2023. Filming will take place in Massachusetts, United States.
How many episodes will there be in The perfect couple?
Netflix has confirmed that there will be six one-hour episodes. The perfect couple limited series.
What is the Netflix release date? The perfect couple?
we would be lucky to see The perfect couple on Netflix before the end of 2023. An early 2024 release date is more realistic.
Will you be watching? The perfect couple on netflix? Let us know in the comments below!