Conor McGregor was accused of sexually assaulting a woman after Game 4 of the NBA Finals in Miami earlier this month and thanked his fans for their support on Saturday.
McGregor was with his children and his fiancée, Dee Devlin, in New York City over the weekend and was asked about the message he would be sending to his fans.
«Thank you so much for the support, I appreciate the support,» he told TMZ Sports.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
McGregor faced the allegations earlier this month. The woman’s attorney, Ariel Mitchell, said her client turned over the clothes she was wearing that night to Miami police and a report was filed. The alleged incident occurred the same night that McGregor punched Miami Heat mascot Burnie.
Mitchell claimed that security separated the woman from her friends and forced her into a bathroom where McGregor was supposedly waiting, according to the New York Post. Video also later surfaced showing McGregor and the victim in a club after the game. The woman and McGregor were seen talking and then he leaves the scene.
Mitchell told TMZ Sports that the video showed the two «visibly awkwardly interacting.»
McGregor has maintained his innocence.
“Mr. McGregor will not be intimidated,” attorney Barbara Llanes said when the allegations first surfaced.
Of the video of the two at the club, Llanes said: «While the plaintiff’s story has changed once again, our account of the night has never changed. This video only reinforces our position. We look forward to the prompt conclusion of the investigation.» «
LAWYER FOR CONOR MCGREGOR PROSECUTOR SPEAKS AFTER REPORTS SURFACE OF HUSH MONEY
A separate TMZ video appeared to show McGregor walking the woman into the bathroom hand in hand. There were several people standing by the door, which had been closed.
Mitchell, who said the two were together at a club inside the arena before the incident in the bathroom, added that his client was under the impression he was leaving the arena when a man in a Denver Nuggets jersey he told him, «Conor told me to do it.» come find you.»
After viewing the video with McGregor accompanying her, Mitchell said her client «didn’t even remember who took her to the bathroom until she saw this video.»
“After TMZ released the video, the plaintiff’s attorney has now changed her story,” Llanes said. “Mr. McGregor welcomes the investigation, which he strongly believes will prove the claims against him false. After failing to respond to the demand for money made by the plaintiff’s attorney, she turned to the media for pressure. This is nothing more than extortion. .»
Mitchell told Fox News Digital that these allegations were «false» and that there was no «extortion» attempt.
«Mr. McGregor’s team may call this extortion, these allegations are false, but the video is clear. A soon-to-be-married man with a fourth baby on the way is leading a woman he doesn’t know and not his fiancée pregnant to the bathroom,» Mitchell said.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Both the Heat and the NBA are aware of the allegations, while Miami police told ESPN an investigation was launched after a report was filed.
Scott Thompson of Fox News and the Associated Press contributed to this report.